Aircraft Data Analyst
At ForeFlight we know you want a rewarding career. To do that, you need challenging projects, a good work environment, and awesome coworkers. We believe in our employees, and we empower them to make a direct impact on our products and messaging. Because we understand what our staff need, we have a low turn-around rate, our employees become brand ambassadors, and we are recognized as a premier leader in the aviation industry.
A ForeFlight Aircraft Data Analyst collects, analyzes and evaluates aircraft data (performance, weight & balance and more). A person in this role will use various techniques and tools to capture aircraft data and create models which are applied within ForeFlight.
Great emphasis is placed on the ability to self-check all work and provide quality results within ForeFlight’s Aircraft Data requirements and within a timely fashion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect, analyze, evaluate and model aircraft flight planning performance and weight & balance data from a variety of sources.
- Maintain flight planning performance and weight & balance databases for a library of aircraft.
- Develop software tools to assist in aircraft modeling efforts and data quality control.
- Assimilate customer result feedback for use as a benchmark in evaluating model accuracy.
- Work cooperatively with internal teams to assist and provide guidance and expertise with any aircraft data related issues.
- Other duties as assigned by team lead & manager.
Skills & Requirements:
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, graphical charts and data
- Familiarity with aircraft performance, weight and balance and other aircraft data and associated concepts
- Solid experience using spreadsheets and underlying scripting/automation abilities
- Knowledge of a programming language is a bonus, but not required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective data organization skills
- Aviation experience required
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty
- 1-2 years of experience in the field or in a related field
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health and dental benefits.
- 401(k) matching with immediate vesting.
- Flight training reimbursement.
About ForeFlight, LLC:
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known as a leader in aviation and software development because we build exceptional products and hire skilled employees. Over the last decade, we have not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but serve customers across the world and touch all segments of aviation. Our drive for innovation is why we won Aviation Week’s Laureate Award for Best New Product, received Flying Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award four times, and are featured in Apple’s “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
Our Houston office is located in the River Oaks area, our downtown Austin office is located at 621 E 6th St, just a short walk from the MetroRail station, and our downtown Portland office is located on Commercial street. We are a product-focused company where software development and customer service are the top priorities. Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, and Clemson. We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test. We love shipping.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.