Come fly with ForeFlight.
ForeFlight is looking for a motivated C/C++ engineer to join our mobile development team.
Technically, this person must have proven experience with C/C++ development on either iOS, Windows or Android. Professionally, this person has a track record of completing projects independently, is driven to execute, seeks advice and direction from team members when needed, and plows ahead to completion when the path forward is clear.
This position is based in Austin, TX. A pilot-coder, or individual looking to pursue his or her private pilot license, is a plus. Benefits include medical insurance, 401K with matching, and flight training reimbursement.
- University Graduate in Computer Science degree or similar program (as a minimum)
- Strong C/C++ background, including C++ 11 or 14
- Experience designing shared libraries and object models
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Works well in a team environment and individually
- Solid coding practices including design, unit testing, and peer code-reviews
- Experience with Swift, Objective-C, or C#
- Able to adapt to fast paced dynamic environment
- Experience with Java or Objective-C
- Exposure to using JNI and incorporating libraries via the NDK
- Exposure to either DirectX or OpenGL ES 2.0/3.0
- Experience or interest in mapping and/or cartography
- Relevant professional experience
- Passion for mobile development
- High sense of quality and polish
- Health benefits
- 401(k) with matching.
- Performance based bonuses.
- Flight training reimbursement.
About ForeFlight, LLC
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known as a leader in aviation and software development because we build exceptional products and hire skilled employees. Over the last decade, we have not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but serve customers across the world and touch all segments of aviation. Our drive for innovation is why we won Aviation Week’s Laureate Award for Best New Product, received Flying Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award four times, and are featured in Apple’s “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
Our downtown Austin office is located at 621 E 6th St, just a short walk from the MetroRail station. We are a product-focused company where software development and customer service are the top priorities. Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, and Clemson. We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test. We love shipping.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.