Come fly with ForeFlight.
Data Operations Analyst
ForeFlight is looking for a Data Operations Analyst to join our Data Team. This person will be responsible for ensuring the aviation data ForeFlight uses is up-to-date and accurate. A person in this role will monitor sources of data for updates, address incoming customer reports, QA data going into the application, and assist with data processing. They will need use their background in aviation to evaluate the best way to present information to pilots.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor multiple incoming data sources for updates
- Answer customer reports of data errors and create reports of errors to the correct people
- Organize large projects to ensure tasks are completed
- QA outgoing data to customers
- Ensure new data is shipped to the app along hard deadlines
- Other duties as assigned by team lead & manager
Skills & Requirements
- Aviation Knowledge, Instrument rating, military service preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills including spreadsheets, documents, and online research.
- Time management.
- Health and dental benefits.
- 401(k) with matching.
- Performance based bonuses.
- Flight training reimbursement.
About ForeFlight, LLC
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known as a leader in aviation and software development because we build exceptional products and hire skilled employees. Over the last decade, we have not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but serve customers across the world and touch all segments of aviation. Our drive for innovation is why we won Aviation Week’s Laureate Award for Best New Product, received Flying Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award four times, and are featured in Apple’s “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
Our downtown Austin office is located at 621 E 6th St, just a short walk from the MetroRail station. Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, and Clemson. We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test. We love shipping.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.