At ForeFlight we know you want a rewarding career. To do that, you need challenging projects, a good work environment, and awesome coworkers. We believe in our employees, and we empower them to make a direct impact on our products and messaging. Because we understand what our staff need, we have a low turn-around rate, our employees become brand ambassadors, and we are recognized as a premier leader in the aviation industry.
A ForeFlight Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst collects, analyzes and evaluates aeronautical data. A person in this role will convert data into digital and graphic formats for use in support of ForeFlight’s mapping database. The GIS Analyst will be able to use their geospatial background to impact current and future ForeFlight products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process, collect, analyze and evaluation aeronautical data from worldwide data and imagery sources.
- Convert data into digital and graphic forms for use in support of operational activities
- Maintain databases and extract aeronautical information from multiple sources including imagery.
- Work cooperatively with product development team to provide timely, accurate data and products.
- Other duties as assigned by team lead & manager.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with GIS software, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Familiar with airport environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Keyboard skills.
- Time management.
Aviation experience required. Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and 1-2 years of experience in the field or in a related field.
- Health and dental benefits.
- 401(k) with matching.
- Performance based bonuses.
- Flight training reimbursement.
About ForeFlight, LLC
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known as a leader in aviation and software development because we build exceptional products and hire skilled employees. Over the last decade, we have not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but serve customers across the world and touch all segments of aviation. Our drive for innovation is why we won Aviation Week’s Laureate Award for Best New Product, received Flying Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award four times, and are featured in Apple’s “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
Our downtown Austin office is located at 621 E 6th St, just a short walk from the MetroRail station. We are a product-focused company where software development and customer service are the top priorities. Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, and Clemson. We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test. We love shipping.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.