Come fly with ForeFlight.
At ForeFlight we know you want a rewarding career. To do that, you need challenging projects, a good work environment, and awesome coworkers. We believe in our employees, and we empower them to make a direct impact on our products and messaging. Because we understand what our staff need, we have a low turn-around rate, our employees become brand ambassadors, and we are recognized as a premier leader in the aviation industry.
ForeFlight is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced, and creative graphic designer to join our marketing team who is equally comfortable working in print and digital to support a variety of sales, advertising, event, and content marketing activities.
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to be part of a dynamic sales, marketing and content team at a company that is widely heralded for its sophisticated brand and attention to user experience and interaction design. This position will be responsible for concepting and designing assets including, but not limited to, print and digital brochures, sales sheets, white papers, emails, presentations, print and digital ads, print and digital signage, exhibit graphics, web pages, infographics, graphics for video, and social media content. The ideal candidate has the creative vision and talent to translate business objectives into pixel-perfect mock-ups for a wide range of digital projects as well as produce beautifully laid out print materials from non-formatted copy and content assets.
(Note this position is full-time in our Houston, TX office. No remote candidates please.)
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and content team to layout, design, and produce all of the various content assets listed above.
- Develop and maintain marketing brand style guide.
- Work with iOS and Web App UX and design team to ensure visual vocabulary and standards are consistently applied across all company products and materials.
Experience and Skills Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years years agency and/or brand experience in both print and digital graphic design.
- Bachelor's degree in Design a plus. Quality of work is much more important.
- Ability to translate a business objective into a purposeful design.
- Ability and willingness to balance new creative thinking within established boundaries.
- Expert-level skill with design tools so time and effort can be focused on content: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are a must.
- Experience with additional design and video editing tools such as Sketch, After Effects, and Premier is a plus.
- Basic understanding and competency in HTML/CSS is a plus.
- High standards and attention to detail is a must.
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and manage competing priorities.
- High comfort level working with productivity applications such as project management tools, issue tracking tools, internal chat and communication tools.
- Interest in aviation is a plus.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Generous health and dental benefits.
- 401(k) matching with immediate vesting.
- Flight training reimbursement.
About ForeFlight, LLC
We are known as a leader in aviation and software development because we build exceptional products and hire skilled employees. Over the last decade, we have not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but serve customers across the world and touch all segments of aviation. Our drive for innovation is why we won Aviation Week’s Laureate Award for Best New Product, received Flying Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award four times, and are featured in Apple’s “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
Our recently expanded more than 10,000 sq. ft. office sits near the historic River Oaks neighborhood with panoramic views of the Houston skyline and is within walking distance to local favorites like Torchy’s Tacos. As the nation’s fourth-largest city, Houston is home to arguably one of the world’s best food scenes with over 10,000 restaurants. Lively arts and entertainment districts mean a festival, live concert or local farmers’ market is always just around the corner. Home to over 20 Fortune 500 companies and a robust local economy, Houston is a major corporate center.